I received my notification via email January 9th that my annual subscription for Norton Anti-Virus (specifically Norton 360) was to expire February 8th, and my subscription would automatically renew. I quickly Googled the price of Norton 360 ($39.99), decided to let the renewal take place and didn't think anything of it. Last night I received an email notifying me that my subscription was renewed, and my credit card was being charged $95.39 ($89.99 for the product and $5.40 sales tax). I immediately called Norton to dispute as to why I was being charged $50.00 over what the product was being sold for on their website.

Upon reaching someone at Norton and once my account was pulled up, I was told that since I had called that day (about 10 minutes after my card was charged), I had miraculously stumbled up a 50% discount for the product and I would be refunded $47.69. This "offer" was due to the timeliness of my call, and because I have used the Norton product for years. While I accepted this offer, none of my questions regarding why I had been charged so much initially were answered; apparently this years version of Norton 360 is new and improved which justifies the upcharge to frequent customers....although the conversation kept getting steered in the direction of how much of a discount I was receiving because of my decision to call.

Pathetic attempt of ripping off repeat customers. My automatic renewal status has since been updated so I can make my own choice of what I'd like to pay next year.

Product or Service Mentioned: Norton Antivirus Antivirus.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Price, Auto billing.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 25, 2016.

Comments

They ripped me off, too. Charged me twice a year for a one year subscription.

Berkeley, California, United States #1182336

July 2016. Had the same exact experience.

What a ripoff!