2.5

I purchased a Norton Security multi-user (five user) key from my local computer store and proceeded to install it.I installed it successfully on one machine, then when I tried installing it on a second, I couldn't activate the product.

I contacted the on-line chat service who requested access to my PC which I gave them. After 90 minutes and numerous re-boots I asked the technician to escalate the problem. However, he insisted on trying one last solution which involved re-booting the PC (yet again). However, on this occasion, the PC wouldn't re-start.

I then contacted customer care via a separate chat (from a separate PC) and after 15 minutes the technician told me to take it to a PC shop as there was nothing they could do to help me. I was told that I would be contacted by telephone within 24 hours - needless to say, no-one called. The PC was working fine before I tried installing Norton, but I now have a dead PC and no-one from Norton has come back to help. I tried emailing the Symantec CEO (Greg Clark) but no reply.

I'm now at a loss as to how to proceed short of instructing lawyers and initiating litigation - which I am seriously considering (perhaps via small claims court).That way at least the case will reach the press !!!

Review about: Norton Antivirus Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service and lack of responsiveness.

Had an Experience with Norton Antivirus?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1331521

Try booting the affected machine in safe mode with no internet connection.If it boots up, uninstall all Norton software.

Make sure you also find---on another machine---a "Norton/symantic clean uninstall tool." Use that little program which you put on a usb jump drive to clean out ALL of the Norton junk left behind after a normal uninstall. Then, dispute the charge with your credit card company as services/product defective. I would try to take the software back to whomever you bought it from for a credit, but I doubt they will oblige.

There is a conflict with Norton and something else on the machine with the problem.Good luck.