1.2K views

I ordered Norton Anti Virus via download 1 year ago.I never agree to any reacurring payments, so when I recently noticed a charge of $79.00 from my checking account an eyebrow was raised.

Apparently Norton likes to send an e-mail stating that you will soon be charged for a renewal. Unfortunatley that e-mail usually goes straight to junk mail due to them sending out useless info all year long!

If you do not reply they automatically take $$$ from whatever card you used to pay with.Sounds like a scam to me so pay close attention to your e-mail and account info if you choose to purchase any of their products online.

Review about: Norton Antivirus Antivirus.

Had an Experience with Norton Antivirus?

Comments

I installed Norton about a year ago.I intentionally switched the auto-renew feature off.

After talking to a neighbour today who had been scammed by Norton I checked and found the renew option had been mysteriously turned back on.

It looks as though Norton updates more than the virus definitions when I'm not looking.

Herndon, Virginia, United States #1235444

Five years ago, I bought Norton and for some reason, some how I am signed up for auto renewals.I stopped using this product since 2012 and my credit card number has been updated since that time, yet I have been charged through out the process.

This company is a fraud, but claims to protect its customers from fraud.

Chesterfield, Virginia, United States #1190465

Two years ago Norton started charging my credit card for an auto renew that I had canceled more than 5 years before that!What in the world?

Two years ago and last year I contacted their customer service. After endless sales pitches (I don't want PC software when I have a Mac; how hard is that to understand?), the agent agreed to provide a refund and to remove my credit card information from their system. Never happened.

When I was charged again this year I filed a dispute with Discover.

Norton sent them a "receipt" that "proved" I had "requested" and "received" their software. The only information on the receipt that was correct was my credit card number. They filled in an expiration date of 12/2099 (how convenient) and provided the name I legally changed six years ago, the mailing address I last used more than five years ago, and the email address I last used more than seven years ago (on a user domain that no longer exists). If I had an account with them wouldn't they have at least SOME of my current information?

Discover said that proved it was a valid charge. In other words Discover has no problem letting Norton pull this scam and all their promises about fraud protection are total BS. The only way I could get a refund was to post my story and ask what kind of racket they were running on Norton's Facebook page. Then they bent over backwards to help me.

Got my refund. Also got an email verifying my account is canceled.

I...

Redmond, Oregon, United States #1179394

And, I do not blindly go through anything clicking "OK"… I gave them my card OVER THE PHONE - and NEVER NEVER approve auto payments to ANYONE!Buyer Beware!!!

thank GOD for BankOfAmerica - who got my money back to me instantly. Friendly advice… change your debit card REGULARLY!

I wonder how many millions Norton has made of of unsuspecting people.So sad!

Redmond, Oregon, United States #1179387

This JUST happened to me and it's 2016 - Norton debited my account for $109.00!!!!Last time I gave a payment to Norton was 2009 - for ONE YEAR subscription for my laptop!!!!!

I NEVER gave them permission for auto renewal.. What the heck are they doing!? Isn't Norton, Microsoft? Don't they have enough money?!

They charge people and hope they don't notice! Where are the class action law suit guru's when you need them?!! So sad! Its APPLE all the way for me..

never any trouble from them.

Dunkirk, New York, United States #1072841

I recently discovered (after almost overdrafting my account) that Norton has been charging my checking account every year since 2013 for an old account with an old email address.Called the 800 number and they removed the current charge but it was their 'policy' not to give refunds after days.

They did offer two years of service which, surprise, surprise is the exact amount that they owe me for this service they charged on an inactive computer.

I am interested if this has been done to anyone else.When I switched computers, I specifically changed all my information and they assured me then that I had a new account.

I contacted them and cancelled but knowing what's happened to others, told the bank I'd lost my credit card abroad and got it cancelled and sure enough Norton had the nerve to contact me and ask for a new credit card number.

Norton antivirus Support call us @ 18009350537

I bought this software to protect me from scams....little did I know they are the biggest scam out there.

touche Norton.. touche.

Bunch of crooks.Never again will I purchase their "service" and probably either will all the friends and family members I tell.

In this day and age it's perfectly normal for people to follow a "next, next, next, finished" clicking pattern when installing software.

The funny thing about these posts is you actually signed up for automatic renewal but were too *** to read what it was you accepted.

It gets to be even more hilarious because right after you agree to the automatic renewal feature they ask you for a credit card AND YOU GLADLY TYPED IT IN. What did you really think would happen?

The bad news - Anyone who says they didn't consent needs to learn how to read.

The good news - If you happened to be an *** and blindly accepted you can call them and ask for a refund as long as it's within 90 days of the purchase. This is stated in the EULA which is something you probably didn't end up reading as well. But you happily accepted didn't you.

This site should be called "isignupforthingswithoutreadingandcomplainlater.com"...