Brisbane City, Queensland

07-10-2016 I had an Unauthorised Renewal Payment come from my Paypal Account for $139.99 (3 times the current price)

I contacted Paypal and made a claim for unauthorised payment, they did a check with you (Norton) and they

say it was and legal authorised renewal.

I then contacted your Australian number. 1800 680 026. The male person I spoke to from your Philippines call centre was good. He understood my situation. I explained to him that well now nearly 11 months ago I deleted Norton from all devices and as I did so I asked for all my information be deleted and for all Automatic Renewals to be deleted. Obviously no one looks at these responses. (Multiple) This person on first contact deleted the renewal which I received an email on. And he also had a full refund of the $139.99 approved to be refunded and authorized through a superior.

Now that is not all, I waited more than 8 days and then contacted again as I heard nothing nor a refund has been done. And this time i get told it has to be 5 - 7 working days. I waited to well over that period. Called again and had the issue escalated. The reason is that Norton takes the money but unwilling to refund, and I reference the countless thousands of complaints on the internet. It was escalated and I was advised I would be called within 2 days. The reason stating that Billing has not gotten back to them. And surprise surprise no communication again. After knowing what countless thousands of others in the world that have had the same issues and not get refunded. And as this is clearly fraudulent, I called again this time it is on my terms. I asked the reason and again "Ohhh Billing has not responded", for a Billion dollar company this is absolutely disgusting, and shows customers are of no concern. This was escalated again, and I was told I would definitely get a call in 1 hour. And guess what, not surprisingly have not received a call. Called again and again told no communication from Billing. Spoke to Supervisor "Ronald" who tried to say again he was escalating to Level 3. And here goes the cycle again.

I advised how can I expect a call when 3 times it has not even occurred.

You place a lot on your front end staff who should not have to have to handle such a simple process.

I have stated that if I do not see the refund back in my Paypal Account in 24 hours from now (Australia 3:30pm AEST 19-10-2016) then I will take matters further.

And for reference I am well aware that this is habitual from Nortons end as I have researched this on the internet.

Called again this morning to Support and low and behold, he now tells me the escalation was not through the right department. And it will now take a further few weeks to come to a decision.

Looks like I will be going to take this matter to all consumer affairs in many different countries.

What a circus for a Billion dollar company that you cannot even communicate directly with billing department to sort out. Shows they have no idea about customer service.

This person wrote the review because of "unauthorized renewal" at Norton Antivirus. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $140 and wants Norton Antivirus to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was full customer service process. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Norton Antivirus and norton antivirus technical support for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Norton Antivirus?

Comments

Winter Park, Florida, United States #1271980

Norton pulled the same thing on me.I cancelled my automatic renewal on 8/02/2013, but Norton kept right on billing me.

I am waiting for a refund of my last billing. I would suggest you go to the Attorney General of your country and ask for a criminal investigation. These low life's are just a pure scam. This is all on purpose.

They get our money and keep it.