I had been using Norton antivirus for 3 years.Aside from their automatic renewal where they extracted $60 out of my bank account a month before my subscription ended, I had no major issues.

A few months ago, I became infected with Conduit and Mystart browser hijackers, and Norton failed to recognize/remove them. (I'm beginning to wonder if Norton is in cahoots with Conduit and Mystart) In an attempt to remove these parasites, I unwittingly ran Spyhunter's "free" virus removal software. It counteracted with Norton and crashed my laptop. I contacted Norton, they blamed it on my computer, and refused to do anything.

I not only lost my laptop, but the irreplaceable value of my personal photos and other documents. Yesterday, after my Norton subscription ended, I bought/installed Webroot Secure Anywhere antivirus disk on my daughter's laptop. ($19.99 @ Wal-Mart for 3 computers!) It was extremely easy to install, and it recognized/removed Conduit after only a few seconds!!!

I was not even aware that Conduit had infiltrated her computer.Needless to say, Norton will NEVER get another dime from me, and Webroot has a loyal customer for life!!!!

Had an Experience with Norton Antivirus?

Comments

Hello.

Sorry to hear! I am Vineeth and I am from the Norton Support team.

Did you contact us to get this removed? Can you please send me the details at socialsupport[at]symantec[dot]com so I can help!

Thanks!

Vineeth

Norton Support

Torrance, California, United States #788960

If your photos were of "irreplaceable value," why didn't you back them up? You can get viruses, hard drives can crash, etc. You're mostly to blame for your loss.