1.4
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

I have been a Norton Customer for last 8 years and always purchase latest security package and install myself with no major problems until 1/9/16 when I tried to install Norton security Deluxe. I got as far as entering the product key number and was directed to a phone no 0800 0903202.

On calling this number the technician Yashwant claimed he needed access to my computer after which he claimed there was a Trojan in my computer which had infected My IP address. I never really use this lap top having it really only for ITunes but the technician requested £250 to rectify the issue. When I declined he dropped the price to £149 however after being told I was not prepared to pay for something that Norton should have prevented in first place he hung up on me. I have since been unable to resolve this problem and having purchased a new security deluxe package I'm not happy at the prospect of shelling out for more security.

IF Norton cannot prevent viruses and Trojans what is the point of installing it in the first place.

I did contact Norton again as I'm concerned someone now has had access to my computer unbelievably the operator wanted access to my computer again surely this cannot be correct. An operator was supposed to call me back after 15 mins however after an hour of waiting I had to go to work.

Looks like my laptop is destined for the scrap heap. Thanks Norton.

Product or Service Mentioned: Norton Antivirus Technical Support.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 01, 2016.

Comments